[TYPO3-core] RFC: Cleanup #6713: Remove "text_properties" etc. from tt_content table

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Thu Nov 15 18:09:07 CET 2007

"Uschi Renziehausen" <typo3news at otherone.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1195131852.29268.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> This is a SVN patch request.
>>
>> Type: Cleanup
>> Bugtracker references:
>> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=6713
>>
>> Branch: trunk
>>
>> Problem:
>> There are these ultra-old buttons and dropdowns to select the font size
>> etc. when editing a content element (from the RTE). I never ever used
>> them, we have now a good RTE and if the RTE is disabled, people code HTML
>> in the bodytext field. So there is no need for it.
>> Of course it breaks compatibility, but we have to do something to make
>> TYPO3 more usable.
>>
>> Solution:
>> The attached patch adds allowedExtensions and blindLinkOptions as params
>> when defining the link wizard in the TCA. There is already TSConfig
>> support for blindLinkOptions, so we're sticking with a common name.
>>
>> The TYPO3 Core API documentation will need to be updated to reflect this
>> change also.
>>
>> Notes:
>> I do this request by proxy from Benni, because he's some days off.
>> I applied the patch and testet and it works fine.
>>
>> If needed we can do a compatVersion-switch, but i don't know if these
>> "obsolete" functions are used by anybody, so please comment on this.
>>
>> vg  Steffen
>
> Hi Steffen,
>
> I was just about to reanimate font-size and color for a university
> project. I meant to put them together with the frame, space before, and
> space after under Design.
> Of course I would change all those values:
> - color would be labeled colorscheme and have three or for options, the
> scheme itself would be set by a css class.
> - font size would contain 'default, smaller, bigger', how small/big would
> be defined by a css class.
> - frame could then be used for borders
>
> This way, my authors can combine certain properties. I do not like them to
> do these styles in RTE, because if you want to change the layout or you
> have an alternative accessibility layout (1 column) layout, you will have
> a lot of hassle, if you have to go through the bodytext of all your CEs.
>
> What really could go away in my eyes are:
>
> - Align
> - Fontface
> - Bold
> - Italic
> - Underline
> - Uppercase
>
> My five cents, Uschi

Hi Uschi,

you're the first i know using this :-)
I don't see a problem if these options would go to an extension, then it
could used as before, but i don't see it in general core as it is to
specific and seldom used, just to get "standard" Content element bit smaller
and cleaner, would that be an option?

Also Stanislas did a lot on RTE so there a a lot of new options, extension
now easy can provide own functions with own buttons, so this looks more as a
good solution for future.
Maybe Stanislas could add a comment on that.

vg  Steffen