[TYPO3-core] RFC: #6259 Disabling Tabs with no fields (does not work)

Malte Jansen mail at maltejansen.de
Wed Nov 14 16:28:47 CET 2007

Hi,

> I have just tested the patch, and there's one change in behaviour which
> I don't really like:

Ok, that's true:

> Without your patch applied, tabs are completely removed when they are
> empty (for example in the page record which uses Tabs in latest trunk).
> Now as soon as I apply your patch, they are shown - but disabled.

Ok, that's but this topic one when I started it.

And in the Current Version (4.1.3) they shown.

> I'm actually in favour of completely removing them always when they're
> empty. What do you think?

So my idea would be, that div2tabs has one addition option:
divs2tabs = 0 (off)
divs2tabs = 1 (activ I)
divs2tabs = 2 (activ II)

activ I: should be the one by default (?remove)
activ II: the optional case. (?disable)

and with the newline for divs could also work with both versions.
But not the way it is now, because the one check is too early in the
tceform. There would be needed only a small modification...