[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature #5110: stdWrap + GMT option for stdWrap.strftime

Ralf Hettinger ng at ralfhettinger.de
Wed Nov 14 16:23:44 CET 2007

Hi Martin,

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
>> Solution:
>> (1) Enable stdWrap for stdWrap.strftime
>
> -1
> You shouldn't need a stdWrap at this point. You have enough point before
> (and after) the processing of the current value.

I would disagree here.

As a simple example: Let's say you want to go for different formatted dates
depending on language (e.g. %Y-%m-%d as default and %d.%m.%y for German).

Without stdwrap to strftime you could do this by fiddling your date format
together as separated cObjects (cumbersomely) or using conditions (not good for
caching).

With stdWrap to strftime you could do a simple strftime.data =
LLL:EXT:whatsoever - which seems very elegant for me... maybe I'm not getting
the point - if so, I would be happy if you pointed it out (maybe off list to
keep, if it's obvious).

>> (2) Enable new switch strftime.gm=[boolean]
>

> +1 but don't do that unset().

The unset is done to not pass the .gm param further to a potential stdwrap...
without stdWrap there'd certainly be no need for it.

Thanks!
Ralf