[TYPO3-core] RFC: #6703 $TCA[table]['ctrl']['hideTable'] not implemented

Malte Jansen mail at maltejansen.de
Wed Nov 14 13:46:24 CET 2007

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
> Ingo Renner wrote:
>> so I guess you both give a +1 one the patch which would outweigh
>> Olly's -1
>
> I am +1 for the patch but I am not sure we can override even a single -1
> with several +1s... I would like that feature to be in core. Let's
> convince Olly that it is good to have ;)

Ok, ;)
the hideTable can increase the usability.
If you have an extension with many tables (e.g. mm_forum ~20). You don't
need them all, because there is special admin-interface. You only need
the two main-tables. So the author of an ext can make it easier for
everybody.
So if you really want to check worldshaking data, which should be in a
hidden table, you can use phpmyadmin or unset the TCA-hideTable-fag  ;)

Same issue some flag 'hideInNewRecordItemList' (db_new). (This should be
an other patch, because this would be a new feature)

Malte