[TYPO3-core] RFC: #6703 $TCA[table]['ctrl']['hideTable'] not implemented

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Tue Nov 13 22:23:01 CET 2007

"Malte Jansen" <mail at maltejansen.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1194983085.2688.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hi Oliver,
>

>> Okay, but then the "bug" is the misleading entry in the documentation
>> and the fix would be the removal of the 'hideTable' property in
>> $TCA['ctrl']...
>
> Ok, but I didn't know.
>
>> There's already the TSconfig property 'mod.web_list.hideTables' which
>> could also be used as static definition from an extension, but could be
>> overridden by a TSconfig one specific page/branch.
>
> Correct if I'm wrong. I have not done anything with the static templaltes.
> But tested with this now
>
> I'm including it like this in the ext_tables.php:
> t3lib_extMgm::addStaticFile($_EXTKEY,'static/tables/', 'tables');
>
> But now I have to add it to a template and that is not what solves the
> problem...
>

>> If also enabling this property via $TCA, there's no possibility to
>> override this setting by TSconfig, e.g. like
>> 'mod.web_list.unHideTables'. But then the next question comes up - which
>> property takes precedence - hideTables or unHideTables?
>
> I would prefere an additional 'mod.web_list.unHideTables'.
>
> somewhere in the class.db_list.inc:
> if (t3lib_div::inList($this->hideTables, $tableName)
>     || ($TCA[$tableName]['ctrl']['hideTable'] &&
> !t3lib_div::inList($this->unHideTables, $tableName))) {
>     continue;
> }
>
> So you get following prioities (high top):
> 'mod.web_list.hideTables'
> 'mod.web_list.unHideTables'
> $TCA[table]['ctrl]['hideTable]
>
> Cheers,
>
> Malte

ok i see the reasons, but i'm not sure about.
As with many options there are several ways to configure.
The TCA[ctrl]-Array is used to configure the visual of a table in BE. Hiding
a table is one part, also labels etc.
TS can be used to override behavior/config, the TCA is the default.
So imho the hideTable-var is a part of it, but it should be possible to
override with TS.
I don't like something like unHide, it should be possible very easy like
mod.web_list.tablename.hideTable = 0
using the same name.

vg  Steffen