[TYPO3-core] RFC: #6703 $TCA[table]['ctrl']['hideTable'] not implemented

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Tue Nov 13 18:24:41 CET 2007

Malte Jansen wrote:
> Bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=6703
>
> Branches:
> Trunk & 4.1
>
> Problem:
> The key ($TCA[table]['ctrl']['hideTable']) is documented
> (http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_api/4.1.0/view/4/2/#id3613137)
>
> but not implemented...

I already posted this on the dev-list thread, but I'll post it here too.
   There was some discussion about this in March 2006 on the core list
and the decision at the time was that hiding tables via the TCA should
not be possible and TSConfig should be the only option.

http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-team-core/2006-March/002766.html

Not sure if opinions have changed since then, but worth pointing out :)

Thanks,
Jeff