[TYPO3-core] RFC: #6259 Disabling Tabs with no fields (does not work)

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Tue Nov 13 17:49:04 CET 2007

Hi Tapio.

Tapio Markula schrieb:
> Benjamin Mack kirjoitti:
>> Hey Malte,
>>
>> you don't need to post the full files or explain the changes you made.
>> In my eyes this is just extra work, and we all know that time is
>> precious and little for us.
>> Every developer should be able to read code and if he/she knows the
>> codebase well enough, knows what you have changed.
>
> chained pathes are extremely difficult follow (first patch1 then patch2
> for patch1).
> In order to read them better pathes should be done for some *stable*
> version and not chain pathes or at least if chained patches are created
> then *also unchained patch*.

The fact that patches in this list will always be against latest trunk
is not subject for discussion. All developers in this list must run
their sources on latest trunk and thus it is the most simple thing to
require that all patches are also based on it.

Please do not post any more messages about such discussions to this list
and read the list rules [1] again´. Especially take a look at which two
types of postings are allowed in this list.

If you want to start discussions, please do it in the dev-list but not
here. The intention is to keep the traffic in this list as low as
possible in order to effectively cooperate.

Of course we allow minor exceptions from this rule when it makes sense,
but not about pointless discussions like this one.

cheers
Ingmar

Ingmar Schlecht
TYPO3 Association Active Member