[TYPO3-core] RFC correction: Feature #1585: Logfile by Request URI + configuration of Empty Referer handling + logline hook

Ralf Hettinger ng at ralfhettinger.de
Sun Nov 11 15:24:38 CET 2007

For the time being and alpha2 scheduled for wednesday, I would unfortunately
vote against integration:

-1 (on hold)

This is due to the reasonable issues brought up by Martin. I would take care of
them, but won't probably be able to do this before end of next week.

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> I think of more interest is TYPO3_SITE_SCRIPT, which does not include
> any path parts before the actual TYPO3 root.

That seems a necessary thing to do. Only I would think that it could be done
more performant (after all, it's "just" logging but TYPO3_SITE_SCRIPT seems to
be a bit ... recursive ... since doing some indEnv calls that could be simplified).

> But both variables include the query part, which currently is not
> available for TYPO3 logging. I would like to see the query part removed
> (or an option to do so).

Agreed. Thanks for mentioning.

> AFAICS Apache uses for ALL empty fields in the log the -. So I suggest a
> "config.stat_apache_emptyValue = -" setting affecting both referer and
> user agent.

I will counter check this. I somehow had in mind, that Apache sometimes (rarely)
would log empty referers; which then would result in "unknown" hits as outputted
by AWStats.

>> (3) On behalf of Thomas Oppelt: Add a LogLine hook to
>> tslib_fe->statistics():
>> TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SC_OPTIONS']['tslib/class.tslib_fe.php']['createLogLine'][]->createLogLine(&$LogLine,$this)
>
> Wrong name. The name should start with the method's name (not the
> exiting hook in the method.) My suggestion: sys_stat-PreLogClass (odd
> but in sync with the old one).

Thanks for pointing out. Is there a doc somewhere on hook naming conventions?

> And I don't think we need references for
> passing strings.

That seemed odd to me to. I think Thomas wanted to suggest to be able to modify
the Logline by the hook, but one could solve this better with a return value
passed, I think.

Thanks a lot for having a look, Martin.

Cheers
Ralf