[TYPO3-core] RFC: bugfix #6682

Helmut Hummel typo3 at jhpc.de
Sat Nov 10 12:59:07 CET 2007

Hi Ingmar,

Ingmar Schlecht schrieb:
> Adding the empty alt-attribute was done intentionally to always have
> valid XHTML.

Good point, I also thought about it.

> Could you rewrite your patch so it only skips adding an alt-text when
> there's one in 'params' already?

Of course this would be easy, but a user complaining invalid XHTML
output, because of _his own_ setting disableAltText is a little bit like
he would complain TYPO3 not fixing _his own_ invalid HTML template.

Additionally config.xhtml_cleaning is taking care of dublicate and
missing alt tags. So the patch just fixes the behavior promoted in the
documentation.

But I'm happy to provide a new patch, if you still think it's necessary :)

Regards Helmut