[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature #6685: De-admin the Tools module

Christoph Koehler myemail at fakeemail.com
Sat Nov 10 00:16:17 CET 2007

In article
<mailman.1.1194649199.29989.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de>
Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org wrote:

> Hi Christoph,

> Christoph Koehler wrote:
>>  $this->pageinfo = t3lib_BEfunc::readPageAccess($this->id,$this-
>>>  perms_clause);
>>  $access = is_array($this->pageinfo) ? 1 : 0;
>>
>>  if (($this->id && $access) || ($BE_USER->user['admin'] &&
>> !$this->id))
>>  The id is always 0 and pageinfo is not an array, failing that first
>>  condition and only enabling admins to access the module.
>>  So all modules would have to remove that if statement for access.

> That is intended, because the modules might do things only admins
> shouldbe able to do.

> cheers
> Ingmar

Isn't that what conf.php's line $MCONF['access']='user,group'; is for?
Seems redundant to have an if statement as well. But yeah, these are
just little things and don't really refer to this patch, more the
kickstarter.

Christoph
--
I'm using an evaluation license of nemo since 151 days.
You should really try it!