[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature #6685: De-admin the Tools module

Christoph Koehler myemail at fakeemail.com
Fri Nov 9 23:54:29 CET 2007

Hello,

I tried the patch and while my modules show up in the be_user record to
be enabled, and do indeed show up when logged in as that user, the
modules' own access checks prevent any content from being show. This is
the code as generated by the kickstarter. Offending lines are:

$this->pageinfo = t3lib_BEfunc::readPageAccess($this->id,$this-
>perms_clause);
$access = is_array($this->pageinfo) ? 1 : 0;

if (($this->id && $access) || ($BE_USER->user['admin'] && !$this->id))

The id is always 0 and pageinfo is not an array, failing that first
condition and only enabling admins to access the module.
So all modules would have to remove that if statement for access.
Just making sure you are aware of that :)

In general though, +1 for this patch!

Christoph
--
I'm using an evaluation license of nemo since 151 days.
You should really try it!