[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature #6442: Hook in browse_links request (for linking to records)

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Fri Nov 9 17:00:06 CET 2007

Daniel Pötzinger schrieb:
> This is an SVN patch request.
>
> Type:
> New feature
>
> Bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=6442
>
> Branches:
> trunk
>
> Problem:
> -----------
> Intention:
> A editor should be able to select a record (like tt_news) in the
> linkwizard.
> So he can select a newsrecord and the link is trandlated to a correct
> link to the detailview of that record.
>
> What needs to be changed:
> 1) the link wizard (in RTE and the normal one) needs a hook -> so that
> other extension can easily add tabs.
>
> Solution:
> -----------
> add hook in relevant classes:
>  >typo3/class.browse_links.php
>  >ext/rtehtmlarea/mod3/class.tx_rtehtmlarea_browse_links.php

In class.browse_links.php I find this hook:

$GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['EXTCONF']['rtehtmlarea']['browseLinksHook']

Doesn't look right even if technically the hooks are related (and could
possibly be served by the same function).

We could add a special function (still a hook in the TYPO3 sense?) that
handles browseLinks. Maybe a fine thing for alternative RTE extensions and
other custom links wizards. But currently hooks are tied (with a reason) to
the script/class they belong to.

Masi