[TYPO3-core] Q: change in flexform display?

Kasper Skårhøj Kasper2007 at typo3.com
Mon Nov 5 20:37:17 CET 2007

Hi Dmitry,

Yes, it was me who changed it. In fact, changing this part is not
critical for my main work on flexforms which was on DHTML features. So
we could restore the old look as an option. Of if the majority of you
wants the old look as default the new one can be the option. Feel free
to implement that. The new look has at least the advantage that it is
not table based. In fact, this was the reason why I changed it, to get
rid of tables and using <div> instead. Necessary for nice nesting.

However, I believe we should work with Jens Hoffman and Benjamin Mack
on improving the options for display. Here are my main ideas (attached
image):

a) That fields can be listed side-by-side. Like "Movie title" and
"Movie poster image" below. We can imagine that subsequent fields are
just "floats" like this - or that they are positioned with some
absolute numbers. I don't know.
b) that items (like "Basic row") could be set up in a sort of "table
row" fashion. WIth the new dynamic of flexforms this view could be
highly effective way of making tables!