[TYPO3-core] RFC: fixed bug 4575: Changes in alternative page language does not clear cache

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Sat May 12 14:29:45 CEST 2007

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:

>> I do not see problem with it because hook receives exacly the data that
>> was used for clearing cache. In my opinion it would be wrong to clear
>> cache for one record and call hook with another :)
>
> That is true, but then we have to see what use-case are being handled
> with that hook.
>
> Do we have any way of finding an extension in TER that makes use of a
> specific hook? After all, most hooks are there because "someone"
> requested them...

Someone with a TER mirror can grep through it... You might ask Robert?

> There should be a "registry" of hooks where we can keep track on which
> hook was added for which extension / person.

I once asked for such an extension, and someone even wrote it for us!
However, we later decided that there seems no need for it :-( I still think
it would make much sense to have that in place, especially for cases like
this one...

> I think it depends on what the hook is intended to do. If this is
> properly documented (e.g. "will be called with the original record, even
> if this is not really the one that was changed"), I see nothing bad
> about it. If there is need for a hook to process all affected records,
> there should simply be another hook or an API where the hook can get
> that information from.

He can use debug_backtrace() for that. But it needs to be documented, yes.

Dmitry, can you please ask Robert if he can grep trough the TER mirror to
see who is using this hook and make sure it will not break?

Additionally, please add a comment to this hook according to Ernestos
comment above.

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out