[TYPO3-core] RFC: fixed bug 4575: Changes in alternative page language does not clear cache

Dmitry Dulepov 9f4eetb02 at sneakemail.com
Fri May 11 16:00:46 CEST 2007

Hi!

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
> I like the change, but I think that modifying $table and $uid can be
> dangerous, as we call a hook later (clearPageCacheEval and
> clearCachePostProc) that gets $table and $uid as input. So if there is a
> hook out there that wants to handle something on a cache-clearing on
> specific page_language_overlay's, it will no longer work.
>
> So +1 if you modify it not to change $table/$uid anymore, or convince me
> that this is not a problem at all. ;)

I do not see problem with it because hook receives exacly the data that
was used for clearing cache. In my opinion it would be wrong to clear
cache for one record and call hook with another :)

<offtopic>
This is what I did not like about a hook in tcemain. When "delete"
command is executed for page in draft workspace, there can be many
changes. But hook is called only for original record. So it is
impossible to process/preserve other records without duplicating logic
from tcemain in a hook.
</offtopic>

--
Dmitry Dulepov