[TYPO3-core] RFC: fix bug #4509/3925 validate form doesn't allow required checbox fields

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon May 7 19:51:49 CEST 2007

Martin Kutschker wrote: on 07.05.2007 17:45:

> Branch: trunk, TYPO3_4-1?
>
> Problem: A checkbox may not be set as required which is a problem when
> you want users to confirm eg some trading conditions.
>
> Solution: add "checkbox" to field type in jsfunc.validateform.js and
> remove  the explicit (why is it there?) removal of this type in
> class.tslib_content.php
>
> Masi
>
> PS: Is this bug and bug #2515 much of a feature request? We could apply
> the  patches to 4.1.

About the checkbox (#4509/3925), that is indeed a "documented feature".
We have documented in
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/references/doc_core_tsref/4.1.0/view/8/20/:

check:Label | [fieldname =]check | [checked=1]

No "required" possible here. If using the checkbox as a boolean value, I
can understand why we cannot make that required (because we only have
two states for a checkbox, true / false), but for using this as a
precondition for submitting a form, it makes much sense. So +1 on adding
that to trunk AND 4.1 If one has specified a checkbox as required, this
is what he will expect, so no backwards compatibility problem in my eyes.

Masi, don't forget to add this change to "pending documentation" for
later inclusion in TSref by Stucki, if approved.

About the "password" field not checking for "required" in JavaScript
(#2515), I would consider that a "bug", as this is documented in TSref
already, so also +1 for 4.1 on that change.

Cheers,
Ernesto