[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug 5550: 'lower' TCA specification may fail with non-ascii characters

Dmitry Dulepov 9f4eetb02 at sneakemail.com
Mon May 7 14:05:32 CEST 2007

Hi!

This is SVN patch request.

Problem: "lower" specification in TCA's "eval" may cause string cut
after non-ascii character. Reason for this is that it uses strtolower
and not multibyte handling functions.

Problem: use conversion routine from csConv object of $LANG.

Note: this also changes $LANG to be officially required by TCEMain.
Earlier it was required as well (see post by Masi some days ago) but it
was said different in the header of the file. In reality core always
uses template.php when it uses TCEMain and template.php makes $LANG
global. So should do well-behaving extensions. I expect we are safe with
this "de-facto-existing" requirement.

This fix is needed by fix for bug 689 (Domain Record with umlaut Domains
not working)

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/