[TYPO3-core] [TYPO3] Intro to workspaces

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Fri May 4 18:11:58 CEST 2007

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Talks at t3dd07 showed that there is a strong demand for simple
> documentation about workspaces. So I started preparing some slides. Here
> you can get the first set, named "Introduction to TYPO3 workspaces":
>
> http://typo3bloke.net/fileadmin/presentations/workspaces/Workspaces.pdf
>
> It is really the very first draft and it serves as overview only, to get
> you familiar with workspaces. I plan to make at least two more (for
> admins and developers). Comments are very welcome.

Really nice introduction to WS (what are they good for, how do they work).

What I was hoping for how the internals work: what column in the tables
hold what values and how are they processed in TCEmain (and other places?).

Eg I want to add two features. I need some starters how to do it.

* role "publisher"

The publisher group may publish into LIVE, but doesn't need access to
LIVE and has not the extra permission of a WS owner.

* merging of versions

I want to merge element versions into page versions and page/element
versions into branch versions. I need an API for it, so that web>page
may get an UI for it.

Masi