[TYPO3-core] Changing TYPO3 source charset to UTF-8?

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Thu May 3 13:44:54 CEST 2007

Martin Kutschker wrote: on 03.05.2007 10:38:
>> I think keeping them as wrapper functions using t3lib_cs would be the
>> best solution.

> PS: Still I think more and more that we should start removing really old
> cruft before the advent of 5.0. The new beast will be completely
> incompatible anyway. So why bother with deprecating features but never
> remove them.

I agree. We should have a policy that says: Anything that we tag as
DEPRECATED will be removed at least two versions afterwards.

So if we mark something as deprecated now in trunk (before the release
of 4.2), it will be removed in the release of 4.3. The same goes if we
mark something as deprecated in 4.1.2, we remove it in the release of 4.3.

Cheers,
Ernesto