[TYPO3-core] Changing TYPO3 source charset to UTF-8?

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Wed May 2 15:49:41 CEST 2007

Ingo Renner schrieb:

> Am 02.05.2007 um 13:58 schrieb Martin Kutschker:
>
> Hi Masi,
>
>>> Exactly. So if nobody objects, I will take care of that later this
>>> week...
>>
>> There are a few deprectated charset operations (eg case conversions) that
>> rely on latin1.
>
> Even for the php source files themself?

I'm talking about this:

	function danish_strtoupper($string)	{
		$value = strtoupper($string);
		return strtr($value, 'áéúíâêûôîæøåäöü', 'ÁÉÚÍÄËÜÖÏÆØÅÄÖÜ');
	}

Now it works on latin1, if you change the PHP file charset it'll work on
utf-8. Anyway, the funcion is more than deprecated. Just remove it and add
some !!! to the log entry.

Masi