[TYPO3-core] RFC: fixed bug 4575: Changes in alternative page language does not clear cache

Dmitry Dulepov 9f4eetb02 at sneakemail.com
Wed May 2 12:06:36 CEST 2007

Hi!

This is SVN patch request

Branches: trunk & 4.1

Problem: when page is translated (= "alternative page language" record
is created in "pages_language_overlay"), page cache is cleared only for
that page. It means that menus on sibling and parent pages will still
show old page title while this page will show translated one. Users have
to manually clear cache for pages after thay translate (easy to admin
but hard to normal user).

Solution: "pages_language_overlay" table keeps portions of data from
"pages" table (translated parts), so should be treated the same way as
"pages" table. This way function TCEmain::clear_cache() takes care about
clearing cache as necessary for pages.

Note: the patch is made over trunk, so you may need to play with line
offsets if you want to apply it to 4.1

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/