[TYPO3-core] FYI: fixed bug 2516

Ingo Renner typo3 at ingo-renner.com
Wed May 2 10:42:48 CEST 2007

Am 02.05.2007 um 09:57 schrieb Ingmar Schlecht:

> Ingo Renner schrieb:
>>> Remember that all TYPO3 code is in ISO-8859-1 and *not* UTF-8.
>> Some editors like Eclipse just can't handle this and do a charset
>> conversion on save. I also talked to Stucki about this issue,  
>> first we
>> couldn't remember where it is written down to use Latin1 although the
>> convention exists. We then came up with the idea to move to utf-8  
>> in files.
> Eclipse can be configured to save in ISO-8859-1.

sure, that's what I have set. But it can't handle å and ø then.  
According to [1] those characters should be included in 8859-1 but  
Eclipse doesn't handle them correctly somehow. I tested it in  
typo3xdev/scmtest now. When setting the file's charset to utf-8  
everything is fine of course, 8859-1/15 results in junk characters.

[1] http://htmlhelp.com/reference/charset/latin1.gif


More information about the TYPO3-team-core mailing list