[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug 5266 RTEhtmlarea is not loading in new Firefox 2.0.0.3

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Fri Mar 30 10:49:16 CEST 2007

Michael Stucki schrieb:
> Hi Ernesto,
>

>>My suggestion was to remove the "dev" from the rtehtmlarea Version in
>>the 4.1 branch (e.g. 1.5.2), as this is a stable branch and not a
>>development branch. "dev" should only be kept in trunk. This opportunity
>>would be ideal to change that in 4.1.x so that 4.1.1 ships with a
>>"stable" version number in rtehtmlarea.
>
> Hmm, this will once again add confusion if the version in TYPO3core is
> raised while in TER there is another version.
>
> What I would like to see is that the version number is <current+1>-dev until
> someone publishes this particular version in TER. Of course, he will have
> to remove the "-dev" in TYPO3core after that. And of course, the next
> developer who makes a change to that sysext in TYPO3core must raise the
> version and add the "-dev" once again.

TYPO3 - example sysext

4.0.0 - 1.2.3
4.0.1 - 1.2.4
4.1.0 - 1.4.0
TER   - 1.5.0

after release of 4.2.0:

4.2.0 - 1.6.0
TER   - 1.7.0

So TER has always the highest number.

In a shipped TYPO3 release no extension should have ever a -dev extension.

Masi

PS: all sysext should have a state of "stable" and at least a version
number of 1.0.0.