[TYPO3-core] RFC: synchronous publishing in workspaces

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Thu Mar 29 15:26:54 CEST 2007

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> This is SVN patch request, which is continuation of earlier sent patch
> for synchronous stage change for workspace records.
>
> Branch: trunk
>
> Problem: if user wants to publish page, he has also to publish each
> element on the page. Sometimes it is much more convinient to publish
> page with all elements automatically when either page or element is sent
> to publishing.
>
> Solution: introduce a new user TSConfig option (doc changes to be sent
> to Michael) to allow synchronous publishing of page with all records on
> that page. By default this behavior is disabled, so workspaces are
> compatible with 4.1 version.

I'm happy that all elements of a page are published with the page. But I'm
not sure if I like this behaviour for individual elements *. Maybe the TS
config can be changed to be not a boolea, but a string with values "all"
(current patch behaviour) and "page" (only a page state change or publish
triggers a synced action).

Furthermore the TS config for stage changes and publishing is the same. Is
there any benefit when the option is splitted into two?

Masi

* The same is true for stage changes, but it doesn't bother me that much there.