[TYPO3-core] RFC: synchronious element stage change

Dmitry Dulepov 9f4eetb02 at sneakemail.com
Wed Mar 28 11:57:24 CEST 2007

Hi!

This is SVN patch request.

Branch: trunk

Problem: records in workspaces may have different stages (editing,
review, etc). When editor wants to send content to review, he changes
stage of element. However stage of the page does not change. Often this
causes users to change stage for page too. Another case is when user
wants to send page with many elements to review: he has to raise stage
one by one.

Solution: allow synchronous stage changes on a page: if stage of one
element changes, change stage for all other elements on a page and for
page itself. This will make user's work much more comfortable. To
preserve compatibility with existing workspaces, make behavior
configurable through user TSConfig.

Notes:
1. Conceptually this change is approved by Kasper.
2. There will be another patch to make synchronous page publishing
3. Name of TSConfig option may change after second patch is done
4. By agreement with Kasper/Michael I will commit this workspace change
if no one objects after some time (normally 2 days).

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/
Skype: callto:liels_bugs