[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug 4957: CSV export stop exporting a field when there is a linebreak

Oliver Hader oh at inpublica.de
Sat Mar 24 18:52:51 CET 2007

Hi Dmitry,

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Oliver Hader wrote:
>> REMINDER RFC #4957
>
> Two questions:
> - how to test?

(see http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=4957)
Use Web>List, click on the label of the table (e.g. "Page" or
"Pagecontent"), select the fields you'd like to have exported, click
"Set fields" and then click the CSV icon at the top of view.

> - why value should be trimmed? What if spaces are significant in value?
> They are database fields, they may be important.

Yes, maybe. I'd like to integrate this as a new parameter to the method,
e.g. $trimValues with default to true. But this would be a new feature
and go into a separate patch and RFC, wouldn't it?

olly
--
Oliver Hader
http://inpublica.de/