[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug 5266 RTEhtmlarea is not loading in new Firefox 2.0.0.3

Bernhard Kraft|mobile kraftb at kraftb.at
Sat Mar 24 13:45:08 CET 2007

Patrick Broens schrieb:
> This is a SVN patch request.
>
> Problem:
> Since the new version of Firefox 2.0.0.3 RTEhtmlarea stops loading.
>
> Solution:
> RTEhtmlarea was checking if MacOS Wamcom version 1.3 was the user agent
> with a indexOf("1.3"). The revision number of Firefox also has 1.3 in
> it, because of revision number 1.8.1.3. This is now checked if version
> number has not indexOf(".1.3").
>
> See the patch

Thx !!!

You saved me a day ! I was stumbling upon this problem yesterday (I updated my FF some time
before) and sat 3 hours searching for the bug until i gave up.

Today guys from IRC told me that this problem is known and I looked in the core list right
then (Yes - it's sad i do not even have enough time to read the list closely :( )

I applied the patch and the uncached version worked quite well out of the box.

So +1 from me.

The compressed version couldn't be patched properly:

----
(Stripping trailing CRs from patch.)
patching file htmlarea-compressed.js
Hunk #1 FAILED at 1.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file htmlarea-compressed.js.rej
-----

I guess it would be the best thing to supply us with a properly patched version
of this file for testing (or like Ernesto and Oliver wanted: the tool which compresses
the JS fils) - and yes - I think it would be nice to have such a JS compressing
library. when not in the core then at least as extension.

I tried to simply remove all \r\n\t from the file which didn't result in a proper .js file :(

greets,
Bernhard