[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug 5266 RTEhtmlarea is not loading in new Firefox 2.0.0.3

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Fri Mar 23 14:08:54 CET 2007

Oliver Hader schrieb:
> Hi Ernesto,
>
> Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
>
>>I guess you patched the -compress.js file "on hand". Would be better to
>>have these regenerated by the tool that generated them in the first
>>place (where can I find it??). Maybe have these generated "on demand"
>>(in typo3temp) by TYPO3, so that we don't have to maintain them in
>>typo3_src. Could also be an useful functionality for other extensions
>>that ship with huge .js files.
>

> I like this idea of having a general JScompressor (or whatever the name
> will be). This would also allow to have compressed versions of files
> that have not been integrated as "<filename>-compressed.js" yet (e.g.
> prototype or script.aculo.us).
>
> Furthermore I'm wondering why the md5 hashed files starting with
> "rtehtmlarea" are required at all in typo3temp. The code isn't
> substituted or changed at all, it's just a copy of the file with a
> different filename. The md5 hash only changes if the version number
> is increased. Wouldn't it be possible to access the file directly from
> typo3/sysext/rtehtmlarea/htmlarea/ as it is? This would also prevent
> from asking users (e.g. in bugtracker) again the same question: "Did you
> remove the old files from the typo3temp directory?"

The point is that a new md5 hash in the filename will force a reload of the
browser. If you (the users) don't clear the browser cache after someone
(the admin) updates the RTE, the thing will break.

It shouldn't be necessary to remove old JS file from typo3temp to make
rteHTMLarea work again. I never did that.

Masi