[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug 5266 RTEhtmlarea is not loading in new Firefox 2.0.0.3

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri Mar 23 12:55:15 CET 2007

Patrick Broens wrote: on 22.03.2007 10:35:

> Problem:
> Since the new version of Firefox 2.0.0.3 RTEhtmlarea stops loading.
>
> Solution:
> RTEhtmlarea was checking if MacOS Wamcom version 1.3 was the user agent
> with a indexOf("1.3"). The revision number of Firefox also has 1.3 in
> it, because of revision number 1.8.1.3. This is now checked if version
> number has not indexOf(".1.3").

Tested and it works like expected. +1 for 4.0, 4.1 and TRUNK.

I was searching for a solution right this moment because of a customer
complaint, when I decided to see if the core team hasn't got it already.
Thanks for helping! ;)

I guess you patched the -compress.js file "on hand". Would be better to
have these regenerated by the tool that generated them in the first
place (where can I find it??). Maybe have these generated "on demand"
(in typo3temp) by TYPO3, so that we don't have to maintain them in
typo3_src. Could also be an useful functionality for other extensions
that ship with huge .js files.

While you are at it, you can also get rid of the "dev" in the version
number that ships with 4.1 (for 4.1.1), because this is a bit irritating
for the customers (stable TYPO3 version, but "dev" rtehtmlarea included??).

Cheers,
Ernesto