[TYPO3-core] RFC: clear cache does not remove files in typo3temp/cache_pages

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Wed Mar 21 16:35:10 CET 2007

Ingmar Schlecht schrieb:
> Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
>> Ingmar Schlecht wrote:
>>> There is also no reason for users of 4.0 not to upgrade to 4.1 as it is
>>> totally backwards compatible (except for XCLASSes).
>> What about XCLASSes?
>
> Nothing special, just that an extension shipping with an old XCLASS to
> e.g. tceforms might break 4.1 because there were lots of changes to the
> class from 4.0 to 4.1.

Nothing special ?!? The XCLASSes are exactly the reason why I disagree
here. A good rule for an admin is to be conservative with upgrades. So
"no reason not to swutch from 4.0 to 4.1" is not a good argument for
these users.

If we want to be "enterprise class" we have to support older versions. I
suggest we support a version one year after it has been obsoleted. With
supporting I mean that we promise to fix a defined set of error classes.

Masi