[TYPO3-core] RFC: clear cache does not remove files in typo3temp/cache_pages

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Mon Mar 19 10:59:58 CET 2007

Hi Dmitry,

> Martin Kutschker wrote:
> > Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> >> Branches: HEAD, 4.1, 4.0
> >
> > Which bugs qualify to be fixed in 4.0?
> >
> > Security fixes, obviously. Compatibility fixes (OS, DB, browser), are
> > nice ones to have. What else?
>
> Since there were no directives (good word!) from Michael, I assume any
> fixes.

No directives, just opinions. But I think we should have some strategy about
fixing bugs.

In the past we fixed all bugs (no features) in the stable branch (which was
4.0 back then) and in Trunk. Though we did not make a rule out of this yet,
everyone seemed to do it that way, and I think it was fine.

However, if you are now going to fix bugs in 4.0 again, then it will either
require everyone else to commit his bugfixes to 4.0 as well, or 4.0 will just
remain as a half-maintained branch with some bugs fixed, and some not. (You
may like this, I rather do not.)

At this point we should also make an exception for security fixes, which I
think should still be fixed in 4.0 (aka "oldstable") for some time at least.
But this is up to the security team to be decided. Until they do so, I made a
promise in some mailing list to take care of 4.0 security fixes at least
until the security team has communicated a clear strategy...

- michael