[TYPO3-core] FYI: Committed admin warning

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Mon Mar 12 22:20:38 CET 2007

Hi Dmitry,

> Michael Stucki wrote:
>> I have committed another change that displays a warning to admin BE users
>> if the file typo3conf/ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL exists. This was tested by me
>> and reviewed by Ingmar, so I took the liberty to commit this last-minute
>> change.
>
> Well, I always have install tool enabled and I do not like this warning
> at all :(

OK. I will soon come up with an additional patch that adds one more warning
to this yellow box. This will be about the typo3-announce list, and we (the
security team) think it may be a good way to let everybody know about it.

However, I understand that most people don't want to see these messages
every time, so I will have to think about some possibility to hide the
warnings easily.

So for the moment, I will not change this, but it will be improved together
with that upcoming patch...

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out