[TYPO3-core] RFC: performance improvemenets for database

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Mar 6 00:40:11 CET 2007

Hi Dmitry,

late reply, but please read:

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:

> Committed to trunk.
>
> Michael, please update installation instructions (doc_inst_upgr). New
> paragraph is needed:
>
> "Starting from version 4.1 TYPO3 uses InnoDB as database engine for
> several tables. This helps to prevent locks and increase performance.
> Also InnoDB is more crash-resistant comaring to MyISAM. We recommend to
> review your MySQL configuration and ensure that your table space has
> "autoexpand" option enabled. See MySQL manual for more information about
> configuring InnDB. If you do not have InnoDB enabled, MySQL will use
> MyISAM automatically and you need not take any actions"
>
> I think it can go to section 2.1 before "Very Important: Changing...".

I cannot commit this change since doc_inst_upgr is not in CoreDocs and
probably still maintained by Kasper. Please get in touch with him directly.

Meanwhile I have added your text to the pending documentation page:
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Pending_Documentation

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out