[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug 5704: IRRE - Children on the table pages get the pid of the parent page in pagetree

Oliver Hader oh at inpublica.de
Thu Jun 14 08:23:41 CEST 2007

Hi Michael,

Michael Stucki schrieb:
> from a users perspective: I tested this, created a new page and added some
> child records immediately, still before saving the whole page.
>
> The result was that the records have been stored on the parent page of the
> new one. Actually it's the same behaviour like we had without this bugfix,
> which is also logical of course. However, this will confuse users too much,
> and on the other side it seems not easy to fix it.

This is strange. I've tested this patch with a clean working copy from
SVN on on installations for 4.1 and Trunk - and it's working without any
problems, even if creating a new page and adding children without saving
before. The new children get the pid of the new page.

> So why don't you just check if the pid contains "NEW" and display the
> following message instead of the IRRE widgets:
>
> | Warning: This page has not been saved yet. Adding elements is not possible
> | until it has been saved.

Hm, this would be a possibility. But I don't like it very much. One of
the goals of IRRE was to reduce the amount of the "click here, save
first, reload, click again, save again, etc." stuff and to enable users
to edit related content in one (big) step.

You've written to this thread some minutes ago and gave a "+1". So, do
you revert your vote by this message?

olly
--
Oliver Hader