[TYPO3-core] RFC: Disable versioning in clickMenu in case...

Thorsten Kahler thorsten.kahler at dkd.de
Tue Jun 5 11:52:47 CEST 2007

Hi Masi,

Martin Kutschker wrote on 05.06.2007 09:16:
> Thorsten Kahler schrieb:
>> Problem: I was a little bit irritated to find the versioning icons in the
>> clickMenu when I tried to set up a BE user without access to the versioning
>> module.
>>
>> Bug refs: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=3687
>
> Bug does not match your description of the problem (it's about extra
> configuration).

you're right: the bug does not exactly match the problem I had - and my
description wasn't clear enough.

The issue didn't occur to me, when "I tried to set up" but rather when I was
testing the setup. The feature request in bug #3687 is about an optional
switch to disable the icons whereas IMO the have to be disabled anyway when
versioning is disabled for a BE user.

>> Solution: Use t3lib_userAuthGroup::check() to disable the clickMenu items
>> when the versioning module isn't enabled.
>
> Patch does not match you descriptio of the solution.

See Dmitrys post.

>> Note: The patch is against TYPO3_4-1. Is this a bug fix or a new feature?
>> Or: should this be fixed in trunk only or also in TYPO3_4-1 or even TYPO3_4-0?
>> - I just found out it was already reported nearly one year ago. So IMO
>> TYPO3_4-1 is rather mandatory.
>
> IMHO it's a bug if a UI element belonging to a not accessible module shows up.

I interpret this as a vote for fixing this in TYPO3_4-0 and TYPO3_4-1 also.

Regards
Thorsten

--

Thorsten Kahler