[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug 5678: Missing clearer div in csc-textpic-intext-left/csc-textpic-intext-right

Oliver Hader oh at inpublica.de
Sun Jun 3 16:51:10 CEST 2007

Hi Wolfgang,

Wolfgang Klinger schrieb:
> *hiya!*
>
> Oliver Hader wrote:
>> When placing two (or more) content elements of the type "text w/image"
>> (with "intext-left" or "intext-right" for the image positioning)
>> underneath each other and the text does not reach beneath the lower
>> picture border, then the picture of the second content element is
>> positioned on the side of the upper picture instead of underneath. The
>> content elements are "crammed" into each other.
>>
>> Solution:
>> Add a clearer div (<div class="csc-textpic-clear">) to the end of this
>> content elements to prevent the "wild" floating.
>>
>> Comments:
>> Thanks to Martin Herzog for providing a fix for this issue. Furthermore
>> I created a screenshot and attached it in the bugtracker - so you can
>> see, how ugly this looks without the patch... ;-)
>
> +1 for solving the problem,
> though I would prefer a solution where this additional <div>
> is not necessary like with the well known "clearfix" class
> explained here:
>
> http://www.456bereastreet.com/archive/200603/new_clearing_method_needed_for_ie7/
>
> Should be possible to use this here too.

I also don't like to add an empty HTML tag with no function at all, just
for clearing a float. But it's not possible to change to "clearfix" in
the current stable branch.
So what do you think about approving the patch as it is now for 4.1 and
Trunk and working on a better solution later on during 4.2 development
using the "clearfix" class?

olly
--
Oliver Hader