[TYPO3-core] RFC: Various admin panel improvements

Oliver Hader oh at inpublica.de
Thu Jul 26 20:07:10 CEST 2007

Hi Michael,

Michael Stucki schrieb:
> Hi Thomas,
>
>>> - Changed all font-tags (deprecated) into valid markup. However, I'm not
>>> sure which is the correct pendant for <font size="1">. For now I'me using
>>> "font-width:0.6em" but I'm open for feedback on that...
>> Shouldn't this be "font-size:0.6em"!? Seems to be correct in the patch
>> anyway.
>
> Of course! Was too late probably. But as you see, it's correct in the patch.
>
>> I'm not sure if it is necesarry but you used "font-family:verdana".
>> Shouldn't we use "font-family:verdana,sans-serif" for those who don't have
>> verdana installed!?
>
> Good. I even think I remember having the adminPanel seen with a serif font,
> probably due to this... I changed that patch now accordingly.

Maybe "font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" or something
like this could be used here, like also Thomas suggested.

>> Because I only have some small remarks I give my +1 after reading the
>> patch.

Maybe it's possible to avoid the additional preg_replace() in line 186
of your patch by a simple substr or in combination with the
preg_match_all() before in line 184 of your patch. I didn't investigate
further, but think this could work.

In line 577 of your patch is an old code part commented out which could
be removed.

After all I was able to reproduce the behaviour of the admin panel and
can confirm that your patch solves this issue. Maybe it's also possible
to simplify the preg_match_all/preg_replace as mentioned above.

In general +1 from my side

olly
--
Oliver Hader