[TYPO3-core] RFC: including extJS in core

Patrick Broens patrick at patrickbroens.nl
Tue Jul 17 10:26:15 CEST 2007

Hi Masi,

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Patrick Broens schrieb:
>> + Automatic expanding of the tree when hovering over a page which has
>> subpages
>
> This is good? I don't use the the "show uid" option and am quite happy
> with the uid in the tooltip.
I don't use the show uid option as well :-). The tooltip I'm referring
to is the one that appears in the extJS tree when dragging a page. This
tooltip shows visually if a page can be dropped (for instance when
somebody does not have the rights to add pages to a certain page it
shows a 'forbidden' icon) and uses some icons to clearify where you drop
the page. You can't drop a map on a page that is a subpage of this map,
or you have to copy it, otherwise the parent is gone. It's more user
friendly.

I don't want auto-expansion of the tree.
Right now you have to expand the tree manually if the page you want to
drop on is not visible in the tree. Why not do this automated, like
operating systems do? Users are used to this behaviour and expect it to
work like this. In my opinion we have to stick to some default behaviour
of operating systems. It's about what users are familiar with, not what
we like. The road to 4.5 is about usability, and this is a good example.

Patrick