[TYPO3-core] RFC: including extJS in core

Patrick Broens patrick at patrickbroens.nl
Tue Jul 17 09:49:13 CEST 2007

Tree:
+ More intuitive
+ Tooltip when dragging
+ Line that shows the position
+ Automatic expanding of the tree when hovering over a page which has
subpages
- No copying of pages or parts of the tree (must have)

Menu / Layout:
+ I'm in for a menu that the users know from other software
+ As I can see it now, everything is at the right place
- Missing a reload for tree in 'view'
- Caching part is too deep in menu. Users click this a lot
+ 'Tools' > 'Logs'
~ Shortcuts could be managed in the menu like 'Bookmarks'
~ Where did you plan to put 'Versioning', 'Workspace', 'Functions'?
~ Although pulldowns are nice, you have to keep in mind what happens
with long lists, for instance the extension manager. If somebody has a
small screen, it needs to break up in two or more parts, depending on
the height of the screen. This is not covered by extJS itself.
+ Using framework instead of own written code
~ Do you have any plans of removing the currently used frameset?
+ Hide / Show sidebars

Did you contact Jens Hoffmann about this as well?

Cheers,

Patrick