[TYPO3-core] RFC: including extJS in core

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Mon Jul 16 16:24:40 CEST 2007

Hi Dmitry,

Am 16.07.2007 um 15:30 schrieb Dmitry Dulepov:

> Possibly you do not need to include all files from extJS and not
> need to
> use its debug version. It will be faster.

I tried compiling my own (smaller) set of modules by using their
wizard, but still
got performance issues. However, it could be my fault as well - but I
didn't find
out how to improve speed within the day I tried it.

>> After checking out qooxdoo, Dojo, Prototype, script.aculo.us, Ext JS,
>> jQuery and mootools, I chose mootools for my further experiments.
>> It is
>> a very cool, lightweight and clean (beautiful code!) JS library. It
>> provides the usual basic effects but can be extended with plugins
>> - and
>> a lot of plugins exist.
>>
>> So, mootools (www.mootools.net) is my recommendation - but feel
>> free to
>> choose another framework depending on your requirements for 4.x.
>
> Mootools uses MIT license. Need to check for compatibility with GPL...

The MIT license is compatible with the GPL [1].

If you or someone else has made thorough experience with ExtJS or
other JS
Frameworks (I didn't try YUI and Rico for example), I'm really
interested
in your opinion. Just drop me an email if you'd like to share your
expertise.

Cheers,
robert

[1] http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/license-list.html