[TYPO3-core] RFC: including extJS in core

Ingo Renner typo3 at ingo-renner.com
Mon Jul 16 14:25:47 CEST 2007

Am 14.07.2007 um 01:30 schrieb Martin Kutschker:

> Isn't the current tree already AJAXed? Or was only the HTML trimmed
> down?

Yes it's already AJAXiefied, it also already uses JSON which would
ease the switch.

> Seems a bit strange to me to use a full-blown library only for a small
> part. I don't know extJS, but it's you who discourage the lib as such.

I do not discourage the lib itself but more the browsers as their JS
engines are leaking... The lib itself is great IMO

> So -1 for just the tree, but +0 if there is some consenus that is
> is THE
> library to be used (by the Core) in the BE for JS UI.

I remember from the dev days this year that Sebastian and Ingmar
wanted to start implementing dialogs on layers so that the rest of
the browser window would be blocked/disabled/dimmed until the dialog
has been answered. This would also be possible with this lib.

Other than that I do not see a reason why we shouldn't at least use
the tree component as it really improves usability when dragging and
dropping.

Ingo