[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug 5913: RTEhtmlarea not correctly displayed in IRRE child form-fields and tabs (Part 2)

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Fri Jul 13 19:10:57 CEST 2007

Works fine here and fixes at least two problems:

- RTE of a new child element (not being saved yet) overlaps the field size
  of the form
- same RTE can't be edited at all before saving for the first time.

Both works fine now, +1!

- michael

Oliver Hader wrote:

> Hi,
> I fixed the faulty test extension and uploaded it again to the
> bugtracker (http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=5913).
> Furthermore I found two more JavaScript bugs and fixed them also - see
> the new patches for this RFC - 4.1 and Trunk version are attached.
> olly
> Oliver Hader schrieb:
>> Hi,
>> Wolfgang Klinger schrieb:
>>> parent
>>>   |
>>>   +-- child
>>>         |
>>>         +-- child
>> Especially for the extension I put to the bugtracker I wanted to make
>> testing easier by reusing the child-table all sub-levels. Unfortunatelly
>> I forgot to use the TCA property "foreign_tablefield" to identify the
>> relationship correctly in this case. The following happened:
>> * The parent record got uid "1" and the first child record (also with
>> uid "1") got this "1" of the parent in its pointer field
>> * On the next level the children is looking for other sub-children
>> pointing to itself. So its searching in the child table for all records
>> that have the uid "1" in the pointer field (fieldname "parent" in this
>> case).
>> * And here we go, the kid finds itself and falls into an endless
>> recursion. Using the foreign_tablefield would prevent this.
>> I'm going to create a fixed version of my buggy test extension and
>> furthermore I found some other small thing in the patch to this RFC.
>> The detection of the mentioned endless recursion due to a faulty
>> extension will be handled in a separate bug-fix.

Use a newsreader! Check out

More information about the TYPO3-team-core mailing list