[TYPO3-core] FYI: Announcing to drop PHP 4 support

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Fri Jul 13 18:28:37 CEST 2007

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Novel 10 includes PHP 5.0.4 for now. I would be happy not to recompile
> PHP on 64-bit system because no one succeeded in this so far (except
> Novell). And any Novel Linux beyond 10 includes very bad update manager.
> So I think we should stay with PHP 5.0.x. I am sure it is enough for our
> needs.

Actually, I am wrong in statment about 5.0.4 above. I just found that
Novel supports PHP 5.2.3. It is only necessary to add PHP-specific
repository to update manager:
http://repos.opensuse.org/server:/php/SUSE_Linux_10.0/

I did not update PHP version on my server but at least we know that
Novel has 5.2.3 already.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Web: http://typo3bloke.net/