[TYPO3-core] Versioning/Workspace supervision

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2007 at typo3.com
Thu Jul 12 11:45:12 CEST 2007

Hi Folks,

I talked to Michael Stucki about versioning and through some
communication with Dmitry it is clear that the concept is not well
enough understood on a technical level by most of you. This is no
shame; it's a complex technology and we must take some time to share
the knowledge between us.

Therefore Michael and I agreed that I will be the official
"supervisor" of workspaces and versioning in the core for the time
being in order to protect the integrity of these features. This implies:

- All patches that affects workspaces/versioning must be approved by
me before committing
- All such patch requests must be sent to the core list AND A COPY
DIRECTLY TO ME (since I may not monitor the core list for long periods)
- I commit myself to respond to such patch-requests on the core list
within 14 days.

The goal of this is that we will get into a dialogue around the
technology so eventually more people know how it works and it can be
maintained safely by the core list itself.

- kasper

NOTICE: NEW EMAIL for 2007: kasper2007 at typo3.com