[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #529: update inline TypoScript help

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Sat Jul 7 03:31:23 CEST 2007

Hi Sebastian,

> Problem: The online TypoScript help was never updated.

Yeah! Thanks a lot to Stephane, Francois and you that this is finally ready!

> Branches: trunk, 4.1.2
>
> Bugtracker reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=529
>
> Solution: a new backend module (under Help->TypoScript Help) where one
> can rebuild TypoScript help from installed extensions. The extension
> parses the documentation and extracts the tables and adds it to the
> online TypoScript help.

I dislike adding a new module to the stable branch. The database definition
is an exception already, however a) we did so with 4.0.2 already, and b) it
does not change the database layout.

I have now committed the static data file for TYPO3 4.1 CoreDocs (removed
all non-system extensions first). Please test if it works, otherwise let me
know. Later, I will then commit the same file to TYPO3_4-1 branch.

> Please test it and give quick feedback, as Michael and I want to include
> it with TYPO3 4.1.2.

Yes, please.

- michael
--