[TYPO3-core] Ann: TYPO3 Core Team Guide

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Jan 30 12:51:07 CET 2007

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Michael Stucki wrote:
>> I'm happy to present the first public draft for the upcoming core team
>> guide.
>> The goal of this document is to explain the common principles for
>> participating in this team.
>>
>> The document is not yet "stable" which means that those rules which
>> are not used up to now are left up for discussion currently. Feel free
>> to comment on that.
>>
>> I'm looking forward to discuss this document with you at T3Board or in
>> this list in case you are not joining that party...
>
> Looks good.

I thought for a while and have something to add :)

Chapter "SVN policy":

----------------------
*Committing rules*

Each change must be committed to SVN together (as one revision!) with an
entry in ChangeLog file and SVN comment. SVN comment must be the same
(or close) to comment in ChangeLog. Foe example, if entry in ChangeLog
looks like:

   31-12-2007	John Doe	<john.doe at typo3.org>
     * Fixed bug #9999: TYPO3 does not show "Hello, world!" properly

than SVN comment should be:

     Fixed bug #9999: TYPO3 does not show "Hello, world!" properly

Avoid committing many changes at one. "Many changes" here means many
unrelated bug fixes or many new features or new feature(s) plus bug
fix(es) unless they are part of each other. Such separate commits help
to understand what was really changed for the specific feature or bug
and how. If necessary such change can be easily reverted.

What do you think?

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/