[TYPO3-core] REMINDER: RFC: garbage characters displayed in flexforms (#4085, #4813)

Oliver Hader oh at inpublica.de
Thu Jan 25 16:32:27 CET 2007

Hi Dmitry,

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Today one more person reported the same bug to BT, so this problem is
> really bothering people. It is simpler than many others in this list,
> so I hope to get approval...

I'm not very happy with setting $LANG->origCharSet and resetting it to
its original value. But the only alternative would by to integrate a
default parameter (eg $forceCharSet) that is forwarded to $LANG->sL,
over $LANG->getLLL and finally to $LANG->hscAndCharConv. And it would
only be necessary for that special case - so your solution seems to be okay.
Furthermore we do not know, what Masi's fix provides. And we don't know
if it fixes this current problem.

So, my +1 on reading the patch.

After Masi's patch is published it has to be checked if the new function
"sL_FF" is still required.

olly