[TYPO3-core] FYI: TYPO3 and IE7

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Wed Jan 24 10:33:21 CET 2007

Michael Stucki schrieb:
> Hi Martin,
>

>>I think this patch is already in trunk AND 4.0.4.
>

> Yes, but I changed it slightly now and replaced the check with a simple
> preg_match().
>

>>What about the problem with the RTE wizard? may I add HTML{height:100%} to
>>the default stylesheet or shall I add it only to the wizard?
>

> Which mail?

Thought I sent it here too. Here q quote from typo3.dev:

Martin Kutschker schrieb:

 > Martin Kutschker schrieb:
 >
 >> Hi!
 >>
 >> The "Edit in RTE" button and the "fullscreen RTE" wizard icon don't
work in IE7. The edit area is only a think black line.

 >> The reason seems that "width:100%" doesn't work any more. If you're
lucky you get a fix height about 10 lines (see bug #4486 [1]), but if
you're luckless like me you're stuck.

 >> Any ideas what to do about that?
 >

 > As a quick hack I've used: height:100%; min-height:500px
 >
 > To be set in class.tx_rtehtmlarea_base.php::drawRTE() in the "DRAW THE
EDITOR" section.

Better solution:

Add a "html { height: 100% }" somewhere into the CSS. Works fine in IE7 and
doesn't bother other browsers.

Masi