[TYPO3-core] TYPO3 registration

Franz Holzinger franz at fholzinger.com
Sat Jan 6 12:45:55 CET 2007

Hello,

> I'm kind of tired of not knowing within some certainty how many
> websites run on TYPO3. I would like to do one of the following;
>
> Please, let me know what is a good way...

I think everyone will download a language pack in TYPO3 4.x after each
installation.
Also the download an English language pack could be necessary in the
future. Many sites do not use English, why are all English texts still
installed by default with each extension? The default English texts
could be reduced to a minimum for the backend only. This would safe
space on the webserver and make it necessary to download it manually, if
someones wants to have it.

The download of language packs could be counted. The database names or
keys generated from the random keys (to protect them) of the TYPO3
installations could be transferred to count them.

Or count these data at the download of extensions.

- Franz