[TYPO3-core] Making Real URL work for IIS

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Thu Jan 4 17:51:52 CET 2007

Martin Kutschker schrieb:

>> Why we simply cannot check for HTTP_X_REWRITE_URL first and then for
>> REQUEST_URI? This is less flexible but avoids extra settings and
>> shorter...
>
> Because neither mod_rewrite (for IIS) nor IIS-Rewrite use it. The former
> doesn't set any header *, the latter sets HTTP_SCRIPT_URL.
>
> And so we're flexible for other rewriters.

I found another open source alternative (untested):

http://cheeso.members.winisp.net/IIRF.aspx

It works more like mod_rewrite for Apache than any others. It even emulates
  REQUEST_FILENAME which is not available in other rewriters.

It can be configured to store the original URL in HTTP_X_REWRITE_URL on a
per rule basis (with the [U] flag).

Masi